It’s been over a year since I updated the official rules, though many of the changes have been rolled into our weekly streamed game. For those who care, however, here is at last an update to the official Ten Dead Rats rules as used on our stream.
And here’s a quick list of changes you’ll find from the previous version:
- Secondary stats (weapon skill, ballistic skill, and wounds) are called out early so you know what the heck they are.
- Difficulty level names have been renamed to Moderate, Challenging, and Onerous. This is to highlight that I consider the Target Number 10 to be the baseline for Tests, reserving 15 and 20 for more difficult Tests. I wasn’t crazy about the term “Easy”, because honestly if it’s Easy I think you just shouldn’t roll at all.
- A note was added to the Talents section about how GMs may allow players to take Talents outside their career based on the state of the campaign. I have done this when my players invested in it (eg. Yeffi buying a children’s book to teach herself how to read), or when magic items or other circumstances dictate it.
- Increased healing amounts added to Surgery rolls.
- Note added to Surgery about using one die of healing towards removing a Critical Injury.
- Magick casting Target Numbers updated.
- Insanity rules removed. The old Insanity Cards are being revamped and we don’t use them in our game, so I just removed them from the rules.
- Corruption rules formally added.